September 01, 2016
September is A-Fib Awareness Month
Hudson, Florida - August 24, 2016 – The Arrhythmia Center of Florida, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, will conduct a seminar on atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) on Thursday, September 20, 2016, at 5:30 pm at Heritage Pines Country Club, 11524 Scenic Hills Boulevard, Hudson, Florida 34667. Registration will begin at 5 pm.
The seminar will be conducted by Raul Jimenez, MD, Board Certified Electrophysiologist. Dr. Jimenez is also Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He will discuss risk factors, symptoms, and treatment options. Those who attend will also learn whether they should be tested.
Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is an irregular heartbeat that can increase the risk of blood clots, stroke, heart failure, and other heart related issues. A-Fib comes in different degrees of frequency and severity. Treatment should be individualized for the patient. The public encouraged to take this opportunity to join Dr. Jimenez, who specializes in the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias for a talk of the signs, symptoms and treatment options available.
Admission is free and a complimentary dinner will be served at 5:30 pm. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information call 727-869-5498 or toll free 1-888-741-5119.
Attached photo: Raul Jimenez, MD
About the Arrhythmia Center of Florida
The Arrhythmia Center of Florida offers a full range of services in treating a-fib and other cardiac arrhythmias. The hospital is specialized in electrophysiology. The Arrhythmia Center of Florida offers state-of-the-art technology and a dedicated staff to serve cardiac needs. It has been awarded the A-Fib Certification from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Recipient of 2016 Blue Distinction® Center+ Designation for Quality and Cost-Efficiency in Cardiac Care
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook or visit us on Facebook.