Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently honored Domenick Sorresso, MD, as Physician of the Year. Dr. Sorresso was recognized at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s second annual Nursing Gala. The event was designed to recognize the significant accomplishments of the hospital’s physicians and nurses. Dr. Sorresso was chosen for his dedication to providing high quality, compassionate patient care. Dr. Sorresso is a pulmonologist on staff at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. He is board certified in critical care medicine, internal medicine, pulmonary disease, and sleep medicine.
Dr. Sorresso’s nominations emphasized a variety of qualities including his ability to be proactive with team members and patients and his respect for others’ opinions. He is known to seek feedback from all involved in patient care. To quote some of the nominations:
- Goes above and beyond ordinary care.
- Treats everyone with dignity, respect and understanding.
- His orders are understandable and precise, even in the middle of the night.
- Open to nursing staff, listens to what they say, respects their opinion and is non-judgmental.
- There is a comfort in knowing that Dr. Sorresso is caring for your patients.
- Intelligent physician with a great bedside manner.