July 08, 2016
Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to announce that it held its first commencement ceremony for its Graduate Medical Education Program (GME) in Internal Medicine on June 22, 2016, at 5:30 pm.
The ceremony honored Katie Lynn Groff, DO, the program’s first graduate and the first resident graduate in either Pasco or Hernando Counties. The Internal Medicine Program at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is the first Graduate Medical Education Program in Pasco County, making Dr. Groff Pasco County’s first resident graduate. Dr. Groff was recognized for her achievement in front of honored guests, faculty physicians, GME staff, classmates, and family members.
The commencement program was delivered by Shayne George, CEO, Joseph Pino, MD, Chief Medical Officer, and Michael Strobe, DO, Program Director.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Graduate Medical Education Program
The Graduate Medical Education Program in Internal Medicine is under the direction of Michael Strobe, DO. The residents train at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point on general medicine teams and specialty services including the emergency room. RMCBP is approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) for internal medicine residency program.
According to the Florida Department of Health there is a critical state-wide need for physicians. The expansion of the Graduate Medical Education Program such as Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s can help to alleviate the shortage. This program benefits the local community. Studies show that many physicians practice where they have completed their residency.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290- bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Recipient of 2016 Blue Distinction® Center+ Designation for Quality and Cost-Efficiency in Cardiac Care
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667.