March 01, 2016
Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida - On February 12 Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point honored Donald Scalzo, Coordinator of Environmental Services, as its Employee of the Month for January.
In naming Mr. Scalzo, Chief Operating Officer Shalin Shah noted that his quick action during recent flooding "saved Bayonet Point from further significant damage." Shah added that whenever anyone has a need or a question to be answered regarding environmental services in the evening, he responds quickly with the information that is requested. "Donald always seeks ways to improve services rendered and to do what is needed to ensure the highest quality. Don really exemplifies our mission and values at Bayonet Point," added Shah.
As Employee of the Month, Donald Scalzo receives an Employee of the Month pin, a selected blanket gift, a reception with refreshments for his colleagues, and a coveted front row parking spot of his choosing for one month, and a $50 gift card.
In addition, Don receives a "You Make a Difference" starfish key chain personifying a well-known story of the young man and the starfish.
Each Employee of the Month is also placed in nomination for RMCBP's Employee of the Year.
Photo: Left to right: Dr. Rao Musunuru, Jessica Demauro (Patient Experience Director), Shalin Shah(COO), Donald Scalzo (EOM, Coordinator Environmental Services), Tom Lawhorne (CFO), Sherry Collins (ACNO), Dajana Yoakley (Asst Admin/Ethics and Compliance Officer), Geoff Washburn (VPHR).
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 - 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of "A" in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines(R) Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.