June 14, 2016
Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been awarded the “Partner Recognition” Award from Practice Greenhealth, the nation’s leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. The award is one of the Environmental Excellence Awards given each year to honor environmental achievements in the health care sector.
The Partner Recognition Award is given to health care facilities that have begun to work on environmental improvements, have achieved some progress, and have at least a ten percent recycling rate for their total waste stream.
Qualifications for the Partner Recognition Award include:
- Recycling 10% or more of their total waste stream
- Completion of the waste assessment summary table
- Completion of a number of successful pollution prevention or sustainability projects
"This award demonstrates our commitment to protecting the health of our patients, staff and community," said Dajana Yoakley, Associate Administrator/Ethics & Compliance Officer. "We look forward to working with Practice Greenhealth to continue navigating the path to sustainability for the future of health care."
The Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards were presented May19 in Dallas, Texas at the CleanMed Conference & Exhibition, the premier national environmental conference for leaders in health care sustainability.
Members of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Management Team pose with their Partner Recognition Award. Left to right: Dajana Yoakley, Associate Administrator/Ethics & Compliance Officer, Jeffery Wells, Environmental Services Director, Joe Menard, Plant Operations Director, Aaron Preston, RN, Infection Control Director, and Monica Galaza, RN, Clinical Resource Director. Other committee members not in photo: Kelley Imbimbo, Director of Surgical Services and David Benedict, Director of Food and Nutritional Services, Shalin Shah, Chief Operating Officer.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of "A" in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Recipient of 2016 Blue Distinction® Center Designation for Quality and Cost-Efficiency in Cardiac Care
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.
About Practice Greenhealth:
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. To learn more about Practice Greenhealth visit www.practicegreenhealth.org.