February 04, 2016
Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida - Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is pleased to announce it has recently earned the CNOR® Strong designation from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI). The CNOR Strong designation is given to facilities having at least 50% of its eligible OR nursing staff CNOR (Certified Nurse, Operating Room) certified, and provides programs that reward and recognize its certified nurses.
The CNOR® certification program is for perioperative nurses interested in improving and validating their knowledge and skills, and providing the highest quality care to their patients. Certification also recognizes a nurse's commitment to professional development. It is an objective, measurable way of acknowledging the achievement of specialty knowledge beyond basic nursing preparation and RN licensure.
Research shows that nurses who earn the CNOR credential have greater confidence in their clinical practice. Thus, a team of certified nurses who have mastered the standards of perioperative practice provides even more empowerment, further advancing a culture of professionalism and promoting improved patient outcomes. This strength in numbers is why CCI launched the CNOR Strong program; to recognize those facilities committed to making a difference for its patients both inside and outside of the OR.
Patient safety and positive surgical outcomes are of the utmost importance to a facility, and supporting nurses as they exceed expectations to achieve their perioperative nursing certification shows Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point's commitment to its core values.
Photo: Left to right: Kelley Imbimbo, Shalin Shah, Marcus Moffett, Robyn Miller, Malissa Barbee, Crystal Lopez, Brian McGuiness, Shayne George, and Sherry Collins. Not pictured: Nicole Ovens
About Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)
Established in 1979, CCI provides the CNOR(R) and CRNFA(R) credentials to more than 34,000 registered nurses, making it one of the largest specialty nursing credentialing organizations and the leading certification body for perioperative nurses. The mission of CCI is to lead competency credentialing that promotes safe, quality patient care and that supports lifelong learning.
For more information about the Competency and Credentialing Institute, visit www.cc-institute.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 - 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of "A" in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines(R) Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.