Tampa Bay/Hudson, FL — Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to announce that three of its GME residents received high recognition in this year's HCA West Florida Graduate Medical Education Consortium Poster Exhibition.
The exhibition was held at the University of South Florida's Marshall Student Center. "The event showcased the great research, scholarly activity, and quality initiatives being undertaken by residents and fellows across all GME programs in the HCA West Florida Division," said Frederick M. Schiavone, MD, FACEP (Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians), Vice President and DIO (Designated Institutional Official) of the HCA West Florida Division.
The following GME programs participated in the event:
- Blake Medical Center
- Brandon Regional Hospital
- Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Largo Medical Center
- North Side Hospital
- Oak Hill Hospital
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
- St. Petersburg General Hospital
The following three physicians received recognition:
- 1st Place Scientific Award — Dr. Ken Baxa, Rheumatology, RMCBP, Poster: Assessment of Intravenous Micronutrient Therapy (Myer's Cocktail) for the Treatment of Fibromyalgia
- 3rd Place Scientific Award — Dr. Paul Hoffman, Internal Medicine, RMCBP, Poster: Doxycycline Induced Acute Pancreatitis
- 1st Place Inter-Professional Award — Dr. Huma Zuman, Transitional Year, RMCBP, Spectrum of Imaging Findings on CT Perfusion of Brain for Acute Stroke
In making the announcement, Dr. Schiavone thanked the many panel members including assistant professors from the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine and the various program directors of the HCA facilities with GME programs. A special thank you was given to the keynote speaker Ravi Chari, MD, HCA West Florida Division President.
1st Place Inter-Professional Award: Dr. Huma Zuman
1st Place Scientific Award: Dr. Ken Baxa
3rd Place Scientific Award: Dr. Paul Hoffman