March 14, 2016
Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida - The Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is offering a community education class called Heart Healthy Nutrition: Eating for a Healthy Heart. The next class will be offered on March 30, from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center located at 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667 - on the back of the campus of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
This heart healthy nutrition program will be taught by a registered dietitian/nutritionist. Those who attend will learn how diet and eating habits can help prevent and treat heart disease. The role of different types of fats, cholesterol, sodium and fiber will be explained. Food label reading, recipe modification, and grocery shopping will be discussed. Handouts will be available for participants to take home for future reference.
Seating is limited and reservations are required. For reservations, call (888) 741-5119.
Register online at https://rmchealth.secure.ehc.com/calendar/index.dot.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke - The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 - 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of "A" in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines(R) Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.