January 24, 2017
Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida - The Heart Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will celebrate Heart Month with a wide range of activities:
- February 3 is Wear Red Day to call attention to the fact that women are at high risk for heart attack and stroke, RMCBP invites anyone coming to the hospital to wear red attire
- Free blood pressure screenings - to increase awareness of cardiovascular diseases including stroke, our nation's number one killer. Screenings will take place every Tuesday from 11 am to 1 pm and Thursday from 4 pm to 6 pm in the lobby of entrance A (located outside the cafeteria).
- On February 25 RMCBP will hold free community CPR demonstration training/choking prevention classes every hour from 8 am until 2 pm. Registration is required. The classes will be held in the Graduate Medical Education building at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14108 Glacier Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667 (behind the conference center, back campus of the hospital).
The Heart Institute also plans Tuesday Tutorials with a complimentary lunch for the community at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center. Registration and lunch begins at 11:30 and the program begins at noon. The programs are:
- February 14, 2017 - High Blood Pressure: Making changes that matter. Presented by Kelly Powell, ARNP-C (Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner-Certified)
- February 21, 2017 - A-Fib: Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation presented by Raul Jimenez, MD
- February 28, 2017 - Heart Disease: Atherosclerosis presented by Woody Taves, DO
In addition, RMCBP will conduct a wellness community lecture entitled, "An Alternative To Surgery / Explore The Options" on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, The Groves Golf and Country Club, 7924 Melogold Cir, Land O Lakes, Florida, 34637. Registration will begin at 5:00 pm and dinner will be served at 5:30 pm.
The program will be conducted by Satish Sivasankaran, MD, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Echocardiography, and Nuclear Cardiology Board Certified. Dr. Sivasankaranl will discuss a non-surgical approach to repairing abdominal aortic aneurisms and carotid (neck) artery disease
For more information and to register call (727) 869-5498 or (888) 741-5119.