Password for Patient Health Information
At admission, every patient is given a confidential password. Patients are told to share it with people they want to receive their confidential patient health information. Nurses and staff can provide information about the patient’s health ONLY to persons who know the password. This password is only for verbal communication regarding treatment or payment during this hospital stay. It will not be honored once the patient is discharged. Remember, our staff will not release health information without this password.
Your visit to the hospital can have a dramatic effect on a patient's well-being. As a visitor, your support and compassion are very important to a patient's recovery. It is also important to allow patients to rest so that they may heal. To make the visit beneficial, we suggest:
- Have no more than two visitors at a time.
- Carry on a cheerful conversation in a soft voice. Don't expect the patient to do a lot of talking.
- Plan on spending just a short time visiting. Although the visit is almost always welcome, it can be very tiring for the patient.
- If a patient is in consultation or in need of treatment, please step out of the room.
- If you are feeling unwell or have even a slight cough or sneeze, please do not jeopardize the patient's health by visiting. Consider a phone call or rescheduling your visit.
- When visiting, please do not sit on the patient's bed.
- If the patient you are visiting is sharing a room, please be mindful of the other patient's privacy and need for quiet.
- If you wish to bring balloons, only Mylar balloons are permitted. Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital because of patient and staff allergies.
- We encourage you to check with the nursing staff before sending or bringing flowers. Flower delivery may be restricted in intensive care units.
- For your safety and the safety of others, if your patient is in isolation, you must adhere to the isolation protocol. Please see the nurse for instructions.
- Entrance A - CLOSED
- Entrance B - CLOSED
- Entrance C - EMERGENCY ROOM - Open 24 hours/7 days a week (24/7)
- Entrance D - CLOSED
- Entrance E - CLOSED
- Entrance F - CLOSED
TIA - Tampa International Airport
The airport is about 30 miles from the Port Richey motels. You may schedule passage on a shuttle bus, either from TIA or from your motel, by making an advance reservation. When you book your motel ask about airport shuttles.
At this time, there are six motels on U.S. 19 that are within five miles of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. The toll free phone numbers for each motel are given below to check on the rates and amenities.
When you inquire be sure you tell them you’re visiting someone at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, as they may have a lower rates. This varies from about 15% to 30% with the six motels listed. The locations of the six motels are shown on the centerfold map of this Visitor’s Guide. There are other motels located North or South of the motels listed here, on US 19.
Note: Odd ending street numbers are on the West side of US 19, even street numbers on the East side.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Days Inn and Suites
1-888-279-9756 (727) 869-9999
10826 US 19, Port Richey, FL 34668
Located next to Wachovia Bank on the East side of 19, opposite Mattress Giant.>
There are two local banks just one short block from Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. They are located in the Hudson Square Mall on the corner of Hudson Avenue and US 19. They have ATM machines, which accept most cards. There is an ATM in the lobby of the Medical Center, which is programmed to accept most bank cards.
Bank of America
12935 US Hwy 19
14212 US Hwy 19
Fifth Third Bank
12231 US Hwy 19
Car Rental Agency
The Enterprise Car Rental Office is located at 12312 US 19 in the Beacon Woods/K-Mart mall. They will come to you.
Churches & Other Houses of Worship
Regional Medical Center’s chapel is open to everyone. A chaplain, chaplain assistants, chaplain aids are available. As you enter the hospital the volunteers at the Information Center can help you to contact these services. Visitors should look in the local telephone directory for the address and phone number of the church of your choice. Phone directories are available throughout patient areas of the hospital.
Flowers are available in our Gift Shop which is located on the first floor by Entrance A, most days from 9 am – 4 pm. Three local florists are:
Beacon Woods Florist
Please check with the patient’s nurse before sending flowers. Flowers are not permitted in our intensive care units like Cardiac Surgical Unit (CSU), Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) or Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) home center. Phone (727) 847-2411