Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
The pulmonary/critical care fellowship is a three-year program allowing for three fellows each year (three ACGME approved fellowship positions).
Domenick Sorresso, MD FCCP
Program Director: Domenick Sorresso, MD FCCP
Associate Program Director: Mukesh Patel, MD FCCP
Three years (36 month’s):
- Medical ICU
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Surgical ICU
- Trauma ICU
- Pulmonary Consult service
- Cardiovascular Anesthesia
- Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Lab
- Electives and Research
- Obtain ATLS certification
- Pulmonary function testing
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy with Broncho-alveolar lavage and trans-bronchial and endobronchial biopsies
- Electro-navigational bronchoscopy with trans-bronchial needle aspiration
- Bedside Critical Care Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided thoracentesis
- Arterial puncture with cannulation
- Central venous catheter placement
- Pulmonary artery catheterization
- Ventilator management
- Pneumothorax management with needle insertion and chest tube insertion
- Exam/interpretation of sputum, fluids, and tissues
- Polysomnography interpretations
Pulmonary fellows spend one half-day per week in their respective assigned clinics. Fellows will inherit a panel of patients from graduating fellows and new patients are gained through referrals, emergency room follow-ups, and inpatient admission follow-ups. As the fellow continues through training, a continuity panel is created for a comprehensive ambulatory experience.
Fellows will also have access to the pulmonary function laboratory. We have an accredited Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and the sleep laboratory on the premise s. Additionally, fellows are encouraged to participate in a multidisciplinary thoracic tumor board once a month.
Fellows have a protected half-day per week for study time. Wednesday afternoons are dedicated to our monthly multidisciplinary Critical care meetings, our twice-monthly Journal clubs, and Evidence-based lecture series by our own follows moderated by our program directors.
The fellows have access to the University of South Florida Library resources and references. Fellows are expected to complete one research project and submit one research paper Faculty and the program directors are available as mentor s for research projects.
List of leadership and faculty
Domenick Sorresso, MD, FCCP, Program Director
Dr. Domenick Sorresso, MD is a Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Disease Specialist in Hudson, FL. Dr. Sorresso has more experience with Sleep-disordered Breathing, Obstructive Lung Disease, and Pulmonary Vascular Conditions than other specialists in his area.
- Mukesh Patel, MD FCCP, Associate Program Director
- Alok Kumar, MD
- Abdulmagid Eddib, MD