Please Note: The following screenshots in this guide may differ depending on your device and OS version, however the steps should be the same.
- Open Chrome and in a new chrome tab type in your division’s mobility URL followed by “/ota” and tap go: West Florida Division mobility
- When the download is completed, you will receive a banner notification at the bottom of the screen to open the installer. Tap “Open” to proceed:
- You may now be prompted to adjust the security settings for your phone to allow the installation of the PatientKeeper app. Tap the “Settings” option to proceed:
- You will now be prompted to allow the PatientKeeper app installation. Tap the radio button on this screen and then tap the back button:
- You will now be prompted to install the PatientKeeper app. Tap “Install” to proceed:
Note: If for some reason you are not taken back to the above screen, you can manually start the installation by navigating to your File Manager app and tapping on the “PatientKeeper.apk” file.
- You will be prompted when the installation is complete. Tap “Open” on this screen to open the PatientKeeper app:
- Once the PatientKeeper app loads, you can now log in with your division’s mobility server URL, username, and password: West Florida Division mobility
Updating the Android PK app
If you currently have the Android PatientKeeper app installed and there is an update available, you will be automatically upgraded to the latest version the next time you log in to the app. However, based on your current security settings you may be required to take additional steps to complete the installation. If this is the first upgrade since the initial installation, you may see the below message. Tap ALLOW.
NOTE: If you accidentally select DENY, the application will not upgrade and may get stuck in the syncing process. Shut down the application and log in again.
- If the message is displayed again, choose ALLOW and proceed with the remaining set up.
- If the application gets stuck in the syncing process a second time, you must shut down the application, uninstall it, and then reinstall it using the process on the first page of this guide (you will get the updated version of the PK application when you do so).
If the update is blocked by security settings, please see the steps below to allow the PK app installation.
NOTE: If you accidentally selected CANCEL in the second screen shot above, the upgrade will not install and the device will do one of the following:
- It will immediately start over again at the first screen shot above.
- It will display this message: “Provisioning Failed: You are attempting to log in with an incorrect version. Please check your device for pending updates or contact your system administrator”. Tap OK and then log into the PatientKeeper application again. The upgrade process will start over at the first screen shot above.
- This time, choose SETTINGS when you get to the second screen shot above.