To schedule an appointment, call (727) 869-5421 or toll free (800) 921-7155.
Features / Benefits of the 64-slice CT
- Scans head, abdomen, spine and chest
- Full cardiac scanning capability
- Less contrast
- Shorter scan times
Scope of test capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Intermediate coronary syndrome
- Old myocardial Infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Other forms of chronic ischemic heart disease
- Acute pericarditis unspecified
- Shortness of breath
- Other chest pain
- Other congenital anomalies of heart
- Abnormal electrocardiogram ECG/EKG
- Anomalies of great veins
How does the 64-slice CT stack up to existing technology?
- Quick and noninvasive.
- Three-dimensional modality that is not limited to any particular two-dimensional projections/slice orientation. Can fully assess structures in any plane and offers volumetric information on vessel stenosis.
- Can give accurate and unique information of the coronary arteries including narrowing, type and degree of plaque. This may allow more accurate diagnosis and better treatment planning.
- It is the most sensitive test in detection of coronary artery disease other than intra-vascular ultrasound (IVUS), which requires invasive catheterization of the vessel. CCTA can non-invasively exclude coronary artery disease.
- Can also simultaneously visualize the pulmonary and systemic arteries of the chest, thereby excluding other dangerous causes of chest pain.
- Can give accurate information of other structures in the chest, which cannot be otherwise visualized by any other modality.