Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to announce that it has been licensed as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA). It is one of only 45 hospitals in the state and the only one located in Pasco County, providing patients with 24/7 availability of immediate access to the full spectrum of neuroscience-related care, including the latest technologies in the detection, treatment, and rehabilitation for strokes.
The hospital recently held a ribbon cutting for its Neuroscience Center, which features the new state-of-the-art Innova(tm) IGS 630 Biplane Interventional Imaging System by GE Healthcare. The new technology and service allows physicians to view real time images of patients during stroke and other neuro-endovascular events and perform lifesaving neuro interventions. The team uses the next generation of tools, such as the Biplane System, to treat ischemic stroke, brain aneurysm, and other vascular abnormalities.
Call for a free magnet with the Warning Signs of a Stroke at (877) 442-2362.
Certified Primary Stroke Center
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been certified by the Joint Commission (JC) as a Primary Stroke Center. To achieve certification, Medical Center Bayonet Point has assembled a team of highly skilled medical professionals - including emergency physicians, surgeons, neurologists, nurses, therapists, laboratory and pharmacy staff, and radiologists - who are specially trained to respond quickly to the needs of a stroke patient.
When a patient comes to the Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point emergency departments with symptoms of stroke:
- A trained Stroke Team is available around the clock, seven days a week, to evaluate a stroke patient within 15 minutes of arrival
- Each patient is evaluated and treated using a uniform and extensive set of guidelines that address both emergency treatment and ongoing care
- A head CT scan or brain MRI scan can be performed and interpreted within 45 minutes of the stroke patient being admitted
- A fully functioning medical laboratory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to analyze and provide test results in a timely manner
- Tele-nurology consult evaluation within 15 minutes of arrival.
Program of Care
We also treat any underlying problems - such as vascular disease or atherosclerosis - that may be the cause of stroke, and offers:
- The latest advances in stroke care, ranging from "clot-busting" drugs.
- Stroke nurses who coordinate the care of stroke patients.
- Acute Stroke Team - a team of clinicians experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of stroke who are available around-the-clock for stroke emergencies
- Rehabilitation specialists committed to helping survivors regain a comfortable quality of life.
- A multi-specialty Stroke Committee reviews patient care and outcomes.