Neurologists and neurosurgeons in Bayonet Point
The Neuroscience Center at Bayonet Point Hospital is committed to providing patients access to a wide range of neurological services. Our care is dedicated to the prevention, detection, treatment and rehabilitation of neurological injuries, conditions and disorders, including stroke.
To learn more about our neurological services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 741-5119.
Our team includes board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional neuroradiologists. All of our team members provide high-quality care that is focused on achieving positive patient outcomes. We are here to give new hope to patients with conditions affecting the brain, spine and nervous system.
Complete neurological diagnostic services
The nervous system is complex and requires specialized equipment to visualize its structures. We have cultivated a suite of advanced imaging services to provide fast, accurate diagnoses to our patients.
Some of our neurological imaging systems include:
- 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner— This specialized type of CT scan offers a quick, non-invasive method to create images of the head, abdomen, spine and chest while using low doses of radiation.
- Biplane angiography— This imaging technique creates real-time images of veins, arteries and vascular abnormalities and may be used in diagnosing conditions such as a stroke or brain aneurysm.
- Interventional radiology (IR)— Our hospital has an in-house IR suite where we use sophisticated imaging equipment to diagnose patients. We also perform neuro-endovascular procedures in our IR suite, such as stroke interventions and neurovascular angiography.
- Stereotactic stealth system— This advanced equipment allows our neurologists to precisely locate where a neurological problem is occurring. This is vital to treatment because nerves run through the entire body, making it difficult to localize problem areas.
Neurological conditions we treat
Through the help of our advanced diagnostic services, our neurologists can accurately diagnose and treat a wide range of neurological conditions, including:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Brain tumors
- Lou Gehrig's disease, also referred to as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Migraine headaches
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's disease
- Spine injuries and disorders
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA), also referred to as a "mini-stroke"
Advanced spine care
The spine is one of the most delicate structures in the human body. The spine doctors at our hospital are experts in providing accurate diagnoses and delicate, precise care to treat conditions and injuries of the spine.
Our spine care services include diagnostic testing and a range of treatment options. We offer pain management techniques, such as epidural steroid injections, as well as spine surgery. We are committed to finding the most effective solution to resolve back pain and spine conditions.
Neurosurgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on treating conditions, injuries and disorders affecting the nerves in your body, brain and spine. Our surgeons have extensive experience and training in neurosurgery and are experts in navigating the complex nature of the brain and spine.
Additionally, our hospital is home to a Level II Trauma Center where we offer life-saving treatment for patients arriving with neurological conditions, such as traumatic brain and head injuries.
Emergency stroke treatment
Our neurologists and emergency physicians work together to provide emergency stroke treatment. A stroke is a serious medical emergency, if you suspect you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke, call 911 immediately. Our ER physicians perform interventional stroke treatments 24/7.
Our hospital is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. This acknowledgement demonstrates our commitment to delivering fast, expert treatment to patients coming to our emergency room (ER) with stroke symptoms.