Emergency care for stroke in Hudson, Florida
A stroke is a serious condition that requires immediate emergency medical care. Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, you can trust that Bayonet Point Hospital employs expert physicians for fast stroke treatment. Our emergency room (ER) is open 24/7, and we are always prepared to provide lifesaving stroke care when every second counts.
If you believe you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke, call 911 immediately. For questions about our stroke services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 741-5119.
Comprehensive stroke care
Our hospital offers the services and staff needed to care for incoming patients with stroke symptoms. We also provide the rehabilitative care patients often need after a stroke. Our stroke services include:
- Clot-busting drug (tPA) administration for ischemic stroke
- Dedicated acute stroke team on-site 24/7 for stroke emergencies
- 24/7 emergency room
- Interventional radiology treatments for stroke
- Rehabilitation services designed to improve quality of life following a stroke
- Specialized nursing support for patients following a stroke
- Stroke committee that reviews patient care and outcomes
Primary Stroke Center
We are proud to be recognized as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. This certification acknowledges our multidisciplinary team of skilled healthcare professionals. Our staff is trained to respond quickly to the needs of patients coming to our hospital with signs of a stroke. Our team is made up of emergency physicians, surgeons, neurologists, registered nurses, licensed therapists, laboratory personnel, pharmacy staff and radiologists.
When a patient arrives at our ER with stroke symptoms, they receive the following care:
- Trained stroke team available 24/7 to evaluate patients within 15 minutes of arrival
- Evaluation and treatment carried out according to a uniform, extensive set of guidelines to address emergency treatment and ongoing care
- Head computed tomography (CT) scan or brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) performed and interpreted within 45 minutes of a patient being admitted
- Fully functioning medical laboratory open 24/7 to analyze and provide test results
- Teleneurology consultations within 15 minutes of arrival
Advanced neurological services
Our hospital's Neuroscience Center offers patients coming to our hospital with stroke symptoms comprehensive care. We use the latest technologies in stroke detection, treatment and rehabilitation.
The Neuroscience Center is equipped with a state-of-the-art biplane interventional imaging system, which allows physicians to view real-time images during a stroke. We use advanced technologies to treat ischemic stroke, brain aneurysm and other types of vascular abnormalities.
Signs of a stroke
Being able to identify the signs of a stroke is crucial in an emergency situation. Educate yourself on the common signs and symptoms associated with stroke, so you will know when to seek immediate medical attention. Common stroke symptoms include:
- Sudden confusion
- Sudden dizziness or loss of balance
- Sudden, intense headache
- Sudden numbness or muscle weakness occurring in the arms, legs or face—especially on one side of the body
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble speaking or slurred speech
Stroke support group
We are proud to offer a stroke support group for patients, family members and caregivers affected by stroke. The group meets the last Thursday of every month, and attendance is free.